TOPIC: Day in a Future School
January 10th, 2015 VENUE: The Arts Printing House, Vilnius
Having the world as diverse and dynamic as it is now, and technology and science advancement in it’s fastest pace – we have no idea what the most popular future professions will look like. No one also knows what skills and knowledge people will need in 15 or 20 years from now.
To be able to live in such world people also need diverse skills and creative abilities to make best of it. Shouldn’t primary education be the first step to acquire those skills?
TEDxKids@Vilnius will be a demo of the school day in a deep or near future: day when school is fun and engaging, when children ask questions, when they are entrepreneurs, when they are hackers and creators of the world around them.
Fifty 6 to 12 year old kids will dive deep into a rich mix of workshops encouraging them to play, be creative and discover their talent in the most unexpected ways. Themes for the workshops may include:
- 3D printing
- Prototyping a spaceship
- Food engineering
- Music creation
Among many others.
At the same time 300 adults will be treated to an overwhelming all-day TEDx program of leading thinkers, innovators and education experts from all over the world.
The selected audience will include:
- Parents of participating kids
- Teachers, and educators who are eager to bring new ideas to their school, and
- Education enthusiasts, willing to shape the future of education…
Questions that will be tackled with the adult audience:
- Open and para-academic education: do we really need local universities?
- What does the future learning look like?
- What’s importance of math in the school?
- How does the future teacher look like?
- What is parents’ role in educating a child? If you were a teacher for a day, how would you teach?
Among many other.
Important note: children workshops will be facilitated in Lithuanian and TEDx for adults in English.
TEDxKids@Vilnius, January 10th: when school of the future is NOW!